Competitive Fairy Advatages
Outrageous sense of humour
- Wherever Dorothea goes, fun follows. Students continually remark that taking her courses and workshops is as much fun as it is informative.
- Dorothea considers teaching and keynote speaking “performing” and presents an engaging experience for her students and audiences.
- This Fairy has been fascinated with humour since she was a young child and first saw Carol Burnett on “The Garry Moore Show.” Her role models also include Lucille Ball, Mary Tyler Moore, and Erma Bombeck.
- Dorothea has served on the faculty of a U.S. humour-writing conference and teaches a popular workshop on how to “Make Money Being Funny.”
- Over the years, Dorothea’s humour writing has been published in numerous North American magazines and newspapers.
- The Writing Fairy Guide to Calling Yourself a Writer is Dorothea’s first book for writers, and is FUNNY STUFF.
- Dorothea began her freelance writing career in 1992. Since then, she has published thousands of articles in a variety of publications, and she has won awards for personal essay writing and poetry.
- The Writing Fairy also owns Write Stuff Writing Services, through which Dorothea produces topnotch written material for business clients, from magazines and newspapers to hospitals, corporations, municipalities, and the government.
- Dorothea has interviewed and written about 60 Canadian celebrities, and she has enjoyed meeting these fascinating people. She has a lot of funny stories about her experiences hobnobbing with the famous.
- A former business trainer, Dorothea is as well-versed in the left-brain side of writing as the right. She regularly grosses yearly revenues into the six digits, and she teaches other writers to start and run freelance businesses.
- Dorothea has taught creative writing at the college level since the mid-1990s. She also offers a series of popular workshops on specific writing topics.
- For more than a decade, Dorothea has been a member of The Writers’ Circle of Durham Region – one of Canada’s most dynamic writing organizations.
- This wacky Fairy has delivered keynote speeches to writers’ groups, business people, and government organizations. She even has a presentation on spelling and grammar that is delivered in a humorous format. Who knew spelling and grammar could be fun?
The COOLNESS Factor
- Dorothea is cool. That’s reason enough to hire her.